Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sweeney's classy, Ichi won't dive

Great two-part blog yesterday from Mariner Reporter Shannon Drayer of 710 KIRO.

For those who are adamant about the insignificance of "clubhouse guys", there's a great entry in there about what Mike Sweeney brings to the whole team concept -- off the field. Just another great example of what leadership means to a young team trying to find itself. When times like now are tough, it's great to hear stories like this versus stories of how the team is fractured. I know, I know, it's all about wins and losses...

The blog goes on to speculate on why Ichiro seemingly will not dive for a ball and debates the actual effectiveness of diving with some great quotes from Junior.

For the record, I have NEVER seen Ichiro dive. And I don't care what physics state, I've played outfield for many, many years, and I can tell you with 100% confidence there are balls you can only get to by diving for them.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment